The Pico Water District’s Board of Directors sets and adopts compensation for Directors and compensation ranges for District employees, including all benefits. The Board meets regularly on the first and third Wednesday of each month at 6:00 PM. at the District’s office. Water Code 20202 establishes the parameters in which Board members can be compensated for service. Board members are compensated based upon each day of service provided to the District and cannot be paid for attending more than ten (10) Board approved meetings per month. Board members are currently paid $150 for each day of Board approved service.
The California State Controller’s Office hosts a database of public employee salaries. In accordance with AB2040, Pico Water District complies with all applicable transparency requirements by disclosing all compensation to the State Controller’s Office.
Click Here to view the State Controller's website regarding Pico Water District's compensation in California.
Position title: Customer Service Representative
Under general supervision from the Office Manager, this position provides a variety of customer service duties, involving the processing of water applications and billings; responds to general customer complaints and inquiries; performs more advanced and technical customer service support to the office staff including backup to the Billing Clerk.
• Receives and processes service requests, collecting appropriate funds, and coordinates establishment of services with other District staff.
• Receives and processes billing payments.
• Responds to public inquiries regarding customer’s bill, billing issues and service.
• Coordinates problems of meter location, type of installation, and meter size with Billing Clerk and supervisor.
• Accepts and processes applications for new service and discontinuances.
• Process payments, checking for accuracy, batch payments into predetermined groups.
• Maintain office supply inventory and prepare purchase orders as needed.
The salary range is $3,912 to $4,755 per month.
Please see the attached job description for full details of the position and requirements.
To apply, please complete the attached application and submit with a resume via email to Customerservice@picowaterdistrict.net or mail to:
Attention: General Manager
Pico Water District
PO Box 758
Pico Rivera, CA 90660-0758
The position will remain open until filled.