Description: The Pico Water District (District) Board of Directors, in an effort to promote (i) continuing education regarding the District and its mission, as well as to educate the public regarding water-related issues, (ii) advancement of water conservation, and (iii) the advancement of careers in the water industry through further education, is now seeking to provide scholarships to those individuals that meet all eligibility requirements and plan to continue their education after high school.
The District is proud to provide two (2) $1,000 scholarships to graduating high school seniors who live within the District’s service area and plan to attend a college or university after graduating from high school.
Application: On the application provided, please provide information on your involvement in community service, public service, volunteer work and/or environmental efforts. You must also address the questions provided on the application.
Submission & Deadline: To be consider for the District’s Scholarship Program (Program) interested applicants must complete a District Scholarship Application, answer all questions and return back to the District Office located at 4843 Church Street Pico Rivera 90660 or mail to P.O. Box 758 Pico Rivera, Ca 90660, no later than 4:00 PM June 18, 2020. If you have any questions call (562) 692-3756 and ask to speak with Mr. Mark Grajeda.
ELIGIBLIBILTY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE PICO WATER DISTRICT
- Graduate from high school in 2020.
- Plan to enter a college or university in the fall of 2020.
- APPLICANTS MUST RESIDE IN THE PICO WATER DISTRICT SERVICE AREA. Applicants must provide a copy of their Pico Water District WATER bill with their application packet (you must be a customer of the Pico Water District to be considered).
2020 PICO WATER DISTRICT SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION FORM
I Type your information directly onto this form or attach typed information with this application.
- Home Address/City/Zip Code:
- Home Phone Number:
- Name of High School:
- High School Graduation Date:
- College or University You Plan to Attend:
II Type your answers on this form or provide your typed answers on a different sheet with this form.
- List school and extra-curricular activities over the past four years that demonstrate your involvement in Community/Public Service, Volunteer Work and/or Environmental Efforts.
- List any other school or extra-curricular activities over the past four years.
- List any honors, awards or recognition you have received over the past four years.
- List any employment experience over the past four years
- Please provide any other information you feel is important for us to know.
III Please answer the following three (3) questions:
- Who is the person who has most influenced you and why?
- Describe the course of study or interest you plan to pursue. What or who inspired you to this field of study?
- Write a typed 500-word essay on what conservation (water, ecosystems, etc.) means to you and why individuals should conserve resources?